Digital Forensics Analyst (Graduate Level)
Job Title: Digital Forensics Analyst (Graduate Level)
Salary: Starting at £20,000
Due to expansion, a position has opened within our Birmingham based forensics company for a digital forensics analyst. The position is designed for a recent graduate with a degree in a related field and a passion for the subject. An eagerness to learn and develop, strong communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines are also essential.
The company can offer flexible working hours, training, research and travel opportunities, as well as the potential for future opportunities within the company as it expands.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a multi-faceted role, covering a range of tasks. Expected responsibilities include:
- Performing forensic examinations using tools such as Cellebrite, Encase and FTK Imager, including the extraction, analysis, and reporting of results from a variety of systems including PC’s, tablets and mobile phones;
- Liaising with clients and providing quotations;
- Providing Peer Review of other examiners casework;
- Assisting in preparing the company for ISO 17025 accreditation, including the writing of Standard Operating Procedures, writing validation plans and performing validation testing.
- Performing, publishing and presenting research in their specialist field, and assisting in research performed by other examiners.
Candidates are expected to have completed or be in their final year of a degree in Computer Forensics, or a related field, have a passion for the subject, and show a deep understanding of technical areas such as file servers, email servers, networking and file systems.
Familiarity with ISO 17025 accreditation, the writing of Standard Operating Procedures and best practice guidelines.
The role is subject to the ability to obtain a DRB and Non-Police Personnel Security Clearance.
Some form of practical experience, additional qualifications in the field (such as those which are vendor specific), fluent in a coding language, and/or published scientific research in the form of posters or papers.
Please email C.V.’s with a covering letter to email@example.com with subject ‘Application’.
Closing Date for applications is April 30th 2019.